Django Unchained International Teaser Trailer #1

[postlink]http://plythroug.blogspot.com/2012/06/django-unchained-international-teaser.html[/postlink]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRyLFkQ8R8oendofvid [starttext]

Django Unchained International Teaser Trailer #1 - Quentin Tarantino Movie HD





While in Cannes I was happy to break my "no trailers" rule to screen a few minutes of Quentin Tarantino's new movie Django Unchained (read my reaction here) and in so doing I got the impression we were only given a look at the slightest bit of what was to come, but I also assumed the marketing for the film was about to ramp up and today it would seem we have a small start.

My good friends over at the French website CinemaTeaser, whom I spent virtually every day with during the Cannes Film Festival, have gotten their hands on six new pictures from the film with some great looks at Jamie Foxx as Django, Leonardo DiCaprio as the evil plantation owner Calvin Candie and Christoph Waltz as the bounty-hunter-disguised-as-a-dentist Dr. King Schultz.





The pictures first appeared in the pages of Empire who spoke with Foxx about his role as Django, a free slave teamed with Schultz who eventually sets off on a path to free his wife (Kerry Washington) from the hands of Calvin Candie (DiCaprio), saying, "When this movie's done, there's gonna be some hot button issues but, given my background, I think I'll be able to get some points across. The one thing that stuck out to me in the script was that Django was married. Back then, to be married was taboo. This is a love story. He's not trying to stop slavery. He's not trying to do anything but find the love of his life – which is like trying to find a needle in a world of haystacks."

The film is set to hit theaters on Christmas Day and the first trailer is rumored to be playing in front of Prometheus on June 8. So stay tuned for that.

[endtext]

0 comments:

Post a Comment